What is Maca?
Botanical Name: Uncaria tomentosa
Maca root is a cruciferous root vegetable that grows high in the Andes Mountains of Peru – over 14,000 feet above sea level. It is never eaten raw by the indigenous people in Peru. Note: The botanical name is in dispute in Peru, but the two names (meyenni and peruvianum) do not indicate a separate species.
Traditionally, Maca root is used
- To promote sexual health in men and women in all stages of life*
- To promote vitality, stamina, energy, and mood balance*
- To promote bowel regularity*
- To enhance fertility*
Through Scientific Research, Maca root has been shown
- Enhance energy, libido, stamina, and sexual function*
- Promote hormone balance in men and women by increasing the tissue levels of IGF-1 (Insulin Growth Factor-1), which is vital in hormone balancing*
- Have adaptogenic-like effects appropriate to gender and age*
- Promote healthy reproductive function*
- Promote healthy endocrine gland function (thyroid, pancreas, adrenal glands, testes, ovaries)*
- Increase receptors for neurotransmitter hormones (mood, sleep, cognitive function)*
- Support collagen-based structures (bone, muscles, hair, skin, nails)*
Why Choose Royal Maca®?
Instead of purchasing raw materials from middle-men, WWB does hands-on sourcing in Peru. Whole World Botanicals has partnered with the same five Maca growing communities since 1998! We offer fair trade prices and concern for the well-being of our maca growers and their families.
Our Maca growers plant and harvested according to the phases of the moon and say prayers in the traditional way of millennia – making our products bioenergetic. Ingredient companies are always looking for the cheapest sources, which means their raw materials change every time they buy and the purchaser has no knowledge of where or who the raw materials come from. Even though 70-80% of Maca in the United States is now sourced in China, be assured that Royal Maca® will always be grown and harvested in Peru.
Royal Maca® is organically grown in composted soil and sun-dried after harvest for 6-8 weeks to ensure maximum potency in the Maca roots. Next is the flash-cooking process called “gelatinization” which destroys toxic enzymes found in raw Maca. Our Maca powder concentrate is certified organic, vegan, and gluten-free. The potency translates to smaller doses and a better economic value to the customer.
No other Maca product on the market offers a variety of specialty hormone-balancing products for women and for men. These special formulations of Royal Maca® products more effectively meet each consumer’s unique health needs.
Royal Maca Products
Royal Maca Powder
Royal Maca Vitality-Libido-Balance Veg/Gel Caps
SHE Mood & Hormone Balance Veg Caps
$33.55Add to cart
Royal Maca For Menopause Veg/Gel Caps
Royal Maca Perimenopause Veg Caps
Royal Maca Plus with DIM for Women Veg Caps
$32.79Add to cart
Royal Maca for Men Veg Caps
$32.99Add to cart
Super Royal Maca For Men with DIM Veg Caps
$32.79Add to cart
Royal Maca Bone & Hormone Support Veg Caps
$37.85Add to cart
Other Products to Consider
The following companion products can be taken with Royal Maca®:
Royal Camu® works well with Royal Maca® for helping with mood, energy, and even some hormone-balancing properties.*
Can be used in conjunction with Royal Maca® to cleanse the liver which is important for hormone balance. Also is helpful for improved fat metabolism and elevated blood sugar issues.*