What is Cat’s Claw?
Botanical Name: Uncaria tomentosa
Cat’s Claw, in Spanish called “Uña de Gato,” is the bark of a woody vine which grows in the Peruvian Amazon rainforest. Cat’s Claw has been used medicinally by the Asháninka, Cashibo, Conibo, and Shipibo tribes of Peru for at least 2,000 years.
Traditionally, Cat’s Claw is used
- To support healthy function of the intestinal tract*
- To promote bowel regularity*
- To help recover from illnesses due to an underactive immune system*”
Through Scientific Research, Cat’s Claw has been shown
- To strengthen the immune system*
- To reduce CRP (C-reactive protein) in the blood*
- To increase cell death of abnormal cells*
- To repair DNA of mutated cells*
- To support healthy blood pressure*
- To support brain health*