January is Thyroid Awareness Month
The number of people with thyroid issues worldwide is estimated to be in the millions due to many cases being diagnosed.
Statistically the two most common thyroid conditions are hyperthyroidism (over active thyroid) and hypothyroidism (under active thyroid).
Symptoms of hypothyroidism vary between individuals and tend to develop slowly. Commonly noted symptoms include:**
- Increased tiredness
- Weight gain
- Increased blood cholesterol level
- Increased sensitivity to cold
- Dry skin
- Puffy face
- Muscle weakness, aches, tenderness, and stiffness
- Joint pain, stiffness, or swelling
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Dry hair or hair loss
**Data from: Focus Medica · Consult a medical professional for advice.
Did you know Royal Maca® supports thyroid function in women diagnosed with hypothyroidism?
Royal Maca® consistently improves the quality of life for women suffering from hypothyroidism, according to their own testimonials.* These women are usually already taking thyroid medication, but continue to suffer from hypothyroid symptoms.
The combination of medications such as Synthroid® or Armour®, and Royal Maca® together have been shown to support:
- Normal body temperature
- Mood balance
- Hair growth
- Regular menstrual period
* Although there are no published studies on the effects of Maca root on hypothyroidism, studies have been published on the effects of IGF-1 (Insulin Growth Factor) on insulin resistance and on the body’s production of thyroxin receptors. In December 2004, scientists from the Albany Medical College in Albany, New York, discovered that Maca root helps raise the tissue levels of IGF-1.
OUR SPECIAL GIFT TO YOU!
As part of Thyroid Awareness Month, Whole World Botanicals is offering a free copy of Mary Shomon’s book, The Menopause Thyroid Solution to customers who purchase $75 worth of products through the website!
About The Book
From New York Times bestselling author and nationally recognized patient advocate Mary J. Shomon comes a groundbreaking guide to safely managing menopause through a better understanding of and better care for your thyroid.
If you’re one of the forty million American women struggling through menopause, you probably know all about the symptoms of fatigue, weight gain, and depression. But what you may not know is that the drop in reproductive hormones frequently triggers a thyroid slowdown—a “thyropause”—that can be the main cause for those troublesome symptoms.
In The Menopause Thyroid Solution, Mary J. Shomon will help you:
- Recognize the symptoms of a thyroid problem versus those of menopause
- Learn how to get your problems diagnosed and treated
- Find out what and how to eat, what medications to consider, what supplements to take, and what lifestyle changes to make
- Improve your metabolism and increase your energy
Mary Shomon is one of the top leaders in the field of thyroid research. She is the extremely popular About.com thyroid guru and a New York Times bestselling author.