About Whole World Botanicals
Introducing the absolute best, natural, medicinal products from one of the most biodiverse environments in the world – Peru.
Whole World Botanicals was founded with a vision of helping ordinary people assume more responsibility for their health by extending their healthy eating to include dietary supplements which could transform their quality of life. We carefully selected certified organic, sustainably wildcrafted, therapeutic botanicals from the Peruvian rainforest and the Andes mountains, the reservoir of some of the most effective natural remedies on the planet. We turn them into potent powder concentrates, liquid and dry extracts, teas and specialty products.
WHO WE ARE
A COMPANY OF FIRSTS
- First to bring Maca root, Camu-Camu, and Desmodium adscendens to the United States
- One of the first to bring Cat’s Claw and Chanca Piedra to the United States
- First to offer Maca root for women’s hormone balancing – not just for male sexuality
- First company to sponsor publication of scientific information on the use of Maca root for hormone balancing: Townsend Journal for Doctors, Nov. 1998
- First company in the world to get organic certification for its Maca – 2000
- First company to bring gelatinized Maca to the U.S. market – 2004
Read more about our company history
FOUNDED BY SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURS
Whole World Botanicals was founded by three social entrepreneurs – an American anthropologist, a Peruvian midwife, and a distinguished botanist. Their goal was to do good for all of the Company’s stakeholders, which include the Peruvian Maca farmers, the rainforest botanical collectors and growers, customers and employees. For over 20 years, their vision has continued to unfold and bring benefit to thousands of people.
Read more about our co-founders…
A UNIQUE HERBAL PRODUCTS COMPANY
Whole World Botanicals is a nearly unique herbal products company because we have made personal relationships with our herbal growers and collectors and carry out an active social mission with them. In fact, our products are known as Single-source IndigenousTM.
Over the years our projects have included the following:
- Since 1996 Whole World Botanicals has helped eliminate extreme poverty in the most disparaged Peruvian communities.
- Distribution of 1000 notebooks and 2000 pencils to the settlements along the Curaray River for children to use in school.
- Initiated a pilot Solar Energy Project with Maca-growing communities to demonstrate solar cookers and provide workshops on building a solar space to heat their homes.
- Currently partnering non-profit Water with Blessings to help Camu-Camu collectors secure clean water for their families. We also worked with this organization to provide water filters to hundreds of families in Puerto Rico after a hurricane left thousands of people without clean water sources.
Read more about our Social Mission projects…