Royal Maca for Men Veg Caps
Royal Maca for Men contains the same therapeutic grade, pre-cooked, certified organic Maca grown and processed in Peru as our other Maca products, with the addition of Zinc aspartate and Vitamin B6. A therapeutic grade of Maca helps increase the number of testosterone receptors which promotes healthy libido and erectile function. Zinc helps prevent testosterone from converting quickly to estrogen and Vitamin B6 has strong anti-inflammatory properties that support the prostate.
Traditional uses now supported by scientific research:
- Supports healthy erectile function*
- Increases the number of testosterone receptors*
- Helps the body make anti-inflammatory (anti-carcinogenic) testosterone and estrogen*
- Promotes healthy prostate gland*
- Increases stamina*
- Zinc supports men’s fertility, potency, sex drive, and long-term sexual health*
- Zinc is also essential to sperm production*
- B6 has strong anti-inflammatory properties that support the prostate*
- Older men need more B6 than any other age group
This product is gluten-free.
Each Capsule Contains
- 500 mg of certified organic (approved by the USDA), sun-dried, precooked (gelatinized) Maca Powder concentrate
- 6 mg of Zinc aspartate
- 1 mg of Vitamin B6.
Immediate and Urgent Use: Take 4-8 caps/day for same day effects.
Maintenance: Take 2-6 caps daily depending on age, health condition and individual sensitivity.
If side-effects appear, such as headache, loss of libido, etc. take every other day or reduce dosage.
Note: Men who are taking a zinc supplement of 20 mg or more should take Royal Maca Vitality caps or Royal Maca Powder. Your total zinc supplements should not exceed 30 mg daily.
Warning: Do not combine this product with a testosterone-blocking drug, like Lupron®.
- Who should use Royal Maca for Men and who should use Royal Maca Plus for Men with DIM?
- How Is Royal Maca Different From Other Leading Brands Of Maca?
- Is Certified Organic Royal Maca expensive? It’s Not!
- Can you tell me more about Royal Maca?
- Is Royal Maca beneficial for people with thyroid issues?
Dr. Gary Null – Fatigue, Immune
“A strong immunostimulant and a powerful antifatigue herb.” ~Dr. Gary Null, Ph.D., Author of over 40 nutritional books
Libido, Sexual Function
“I took two capsules in the morning and two in the evening, and the results were incredible. My wife is amazed and happy.” ~70 year-old, well-known, male Alternative Medicine author
Fatigue, Mental Clarity
“I was born with one adrenal gland and was experiencing such fatigue in my 40’s that my endocrinologist put me on cortisone. After a couple of years, I decided to switch to pregnenolone and that worked pretty well. But nothing compares to Royal Maca for Men. I feel fantastic and I have the mental clarity that I had when I was 20. My patients are telling me how rested I look.” ~ 50 year-old medical doctor from Florida
Dr. Eugene Shippen – Prostate Function Linked to Testosterone Levels
“The most overlooked factor contributing to the enlargement of the prostate gland is men’s falling level of testosterone and the rising level of estrogen as they age. Royal Maca for Men helps support healthy immune levels along with exercise, proper diet, reducing stress and healthy hormone levels support healthy prostate function.”* ~Dr. Eugene Shippen, M.D., Author of The Testosterone Syndrome
“My boyfriend is on the Royal Maca for Men and, I kid you not, if he were NOT on these capsules, we probably wouldn’t be dating because I can always tell when he runs out and isn’t taking them anymore because he’s a big, moody crab again. When he’s taking the Royal Maca, his moods are good and his depression is minor.” ~M.S., Milwaukee, WI
Increase in Sperm Motility
In 1960, a study of the effect of Maca extract on male and female rats in the Revista Peruana de Biologia, demonstrated male rats that ingested Maca showed a significant increase in the production of spermatozoa and increased sperm motility, over the control groups, within a 72-hour time period.
In Urology, April 2000, a study was published demonstrating greatly increased sexual activity (three times more) in male mice that were fed Maca root extract compared to control groups. A second experiment demonstrated that the Maca root extract reversed erectile dysfunction in rats.
Medical doctors, naturopaths, nutritionists, and other health practitioners in Peru, the U.S., and Europe have been accumulating clinical evidence on the effectiveness of organic Maca root in providing nutritional support for healthy sexual functioning, the endocrine glands, the central nervous system, and the immune system.*
First Scientific Research on Maca Root – 1960
In 1960, Gloria Chacon did her Master’s thesis on the effects of Maca Root on the reproductive system of rats. Rats were fed large quantity of cooked Maca root powder for 72 hours and then sacrificed for study. Female rats showed multiple mature egg follicles. Male rats showed a significant increase in sperm count and sperm motility.
- Conclusion #1: Chemical actives in Maca root were working on the reproductive systems of both male and female rats through the hypothalamus and pituitary glands (precursor hormones)
- Conclusion #2: Maca root had therapeutic effects appropriate to the sex of the animal
Study on Increase of Male Sexuality Using Maca Root
“Effect of Lepidium meyenii (MACA) on sexual desire and its absent relationship with serum testosterone levels in adult healthy men.” Andrologia. 2002 Dec;34(6):367-72. Gonzales GF, Córdova A, Vega K, Chung A, Villena A, Góñez C, Castillo S.
- Results of the study: Maca root improved sexual desire within 8 weeks of treatment. Serum testosterone levels were not different in men treated with Maca root and in those treated with placebo. However, IGF-1 increases testosterone receptors on cells making existing testosterone more available
- Implications: Since Maca root increases tissue levels of IGF-1 and a raised level of IGF-1 increases the number of testosterone receptors, we have a probable explanation of how Maca root increases libido without raising testosterone levels.
Male Hair Loss
“Dose-response effect … Lepidium meyenii on benign prostatic hyperplasia induced by testosterone enanthate.” Gasco M, Villegas L, Yucra S, Rubio J, Gonzales GF. Department of Biological and Physiological Sciences, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru.
- Results: Maca root causes the body to produce less DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) – the type of testosterone that causes hair loss and prostate enlargement
Maca Root Improves Adrenal Function
Lepidium peruvianum Chacon restores homeostasis impaired by restraint stress.
Phytother Res. 2004 Jun;18(6):471-4. López-Fando A, Gómez-Serranillos MP, Iglesias I, Lock O, Upamayta UP, Carretero ME.
- Results: Rats treated with Maca before undergoing the stress test showed very little variation or no variation in their pre-stress test blood tests. Maca reduced stress-induced ulcers, elevated cortisol levels, and hypoglycemia.
Raw Maca versus Cooked Maca – Which is Better?
Nutritional evaluation of the effects of Maca in albino mice and their offspring. Archivos Latinoamericanos de Nutricion. Vol. 50, No. 2, 2000. Marco Canales, Jose Aguilar, Ana Prada, Adolfo Marcelo, Cecilia Huaman, Luz Carvajal.
- Results: Mice fed raw maca had the lowest average birth weight and the slowest average growth rate in their offspring. Mice fed cooked maca had a higher average birth weight and a faster average growth rate in their offspring than the raw maca mice group. In the second generation of mice, these differences in birth rates and growth rates between the groups were even greater.
- Implications: Raw Maca inhibits digestion and assimilation of nutrients. It is worse than not taking Maca at all. Cooked Maca has significant nutritional benefits.
Measuring the effect of maca on lipid (fats), anti-oxidative, and glucose levels in rats bred to have genetically higher blood sugar
The influence of maca (Lepidium meyenii) on antioxidant status, lipid and glucose metabolism in rats. Phytomedicine, 2007 Aug: 14 (7-8) 460-4. Epub 2007 Feb 7. Vecera R, Orolin J, Skottova N, Kazdova L, Olivarnik O, Ulrichova J, Simanek V.
- Results: Maca significantly decreased the levels of VLDL (very low density lipoproteins), LDL (low density lipoproteins), and total cholesterol, as well as glucose levels in the blood.