Botanicals in the Wild
More Health Benefits of Vitamin C
- Immune support*
- Energy increase*
- Mood balance*
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects
- Hormone balance*
- Supports energy and vitality*
- Can be taken during transition period from HRT (or other estrogenic products) to Royal Maca®
- Pain relief*
- Boosting immune system function*
- Beautiful skin*
- Maintaining healthy gums*
- Helps relieve asthma and seasonal allergies*
- Reducing effects of sun exposure, such as sunburn or redness*
- Healing burns and wounds*
- Helps maintain healthy blood sugar in people with diabetes*
- Some studies have also shown that Vitamin C may be helpful in maintaining healthy body cells in people with immune compromise.*
- Helps to prevent macular degeneration*
Camu-Camu also contains thiamin, riboflavin, and niacin and is rich in bioflavonoids and other antioxidants. In addition, 71.1 milligrams of potassium are found in every 100 grams of Camu-Camu. It also contains the amino acids valine, leucine, and serine (see below for descriptions) – all essential acids that our bodies can’t produce.Amino Acids Found in Camu-Camu Berries
- Valine is used by the body to prevent muscle breakdown and is important for nervous system and cognitive function.
- Leucine is needed for muscle and bone tissue growth. It also aids in the production of growth hormones.
- Serine is key for digestion by helping to break down the bonds in proteins and polypeptides so they can be used by our bodies.
Camu-Camu has several different flavonoids, including Gallic Acid and Ellagic Acid, which are compounds found in plants and are part of what gives fruits and vegetables their vibrant colors. They mostly function in the body as antioxidants, neutralizing harmful free radicals.
- The Gallic Acid found in Camu-Camu has anti-fungal and anti-viral properties and acts as an antioxidant.
- Ellagic Acid is another acid with antioxidant properties, found in Camu-Camu. It has been studied for anti-cancer effects, though research is still very early. Some research also indicates that ellagic acid helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
Camu-Camu berries are a rich source of anthocyanins. These are the pigments that give various fruits and vegetables their color, including red sweet potatoes, red cabbage or red, blue and violet berries. Studies have long indicated that moderate and regular intake of anthocyanins, for example by drinking red wine, may lower the risk of heart disease.
Each Serving Contains
- 1000mg Camu-Camu powder concentrate (9:1 potency)
|Pesticides /chemical fertilizers
|Excipients or flow agents