What is the difference between Light and Dark Royal Camu ®?
Light Royal Camu® Characteristics
- Spray-dried with non-GMO maltodextrin
- Reason: the organic maltodextrin helps to stabilize and maintain high natural Vitamin C level in powder
- Natural color from the berry varies from pink to light green and is preserved in the spray-drying process
- Tastes good — a little tart
- Guaranteed high Vitamin C from Camu pulp for 2.5 years
- Contains high natural quantity of flavonol glycosides-very important antioxidants
Dark Royal Camu® Characteristics
- Slow dried in an oven and ground into a powder
- Tastes sour and a little bitter
- Natural Vitamin C content degrades more quickly
- Contains no stabilizing additives
- Most dark Camu-Camu products are mostly seed — no Vitamin C in the seed. Makes the product cheap to produce. Royal Dark Camu® has no seeds.
- Contains even higher quantity of flavonol glycosides than is contained in the Royal Camu® Light powder
- Very popular with people preferring “all natural” above all other considerations