Royal Maca Perimenopause Veg Caps (mockup)
Definition of Perimenopause: a time period of several to many years when progesterone levels drop (estrogen dominates) in the first phase of perimenopause and estrogen levels drop in the second phase.
PHASE 1 SYMPTOMS OF ESTROGEN-DOMINANCE
- Very painful periods*
- Flooding periods*
- Breast cysts*
- Fibroid tumors*
- Painful breasts*
PHASE 2 SYMPTOMS OF ESTROGEN-DOMINANCE
- Hot flashes*
- Vaginal dryness*
- Brain fog*
- Urinary urgency/frequency*
- Heart palpitations*
WHY ADD MAGNESIUM AND ZINC?
Magnesium deficiency can trigger symptoms such as menstrual cramping, muscle aches, irritability, fatigue, water retention and depression. Low zinc levels can contribute to adrenal exhaustion, depression, fatigue, low immune function, and muscle/joint pain.*
Traditional uses now supported by scientific research:
- Reduces PMS and promotes period regularity*
- Helps eliminate hot flashes and vaginal dryness*
- Stops hormone-related migraine headaches*
- Promotes a happy mood and libido*
- Helps with painful or irregular periods*
Perimenopause and the Nutrition of Magnesium and Zinc
Magnesium and zinc are important supportive players in nourishing hormonal balance and health.
A diet containing processed foods, such as white flour and white sugar products, typically contain
very little Magnesium or Zinc. This type of diet can cause adrenal fatigue and exacerbate symptoms of
A magnesium deficiency can trigger symptoms such as cramping and pain during menstruation, low stress tolerance, muscle aches, irritability, fatigue, water retention and depression. Low zinc levels can contribute to adrenal exhaustion, depression, fatigue, lowered immune function, and muscle and joint pain.
The American Zinc Association states that premenstrual disorder (PMS) affects 50 percent of all menstruating women. Zinc plays an important role in regulating hormones. Growing scientific evidence connects zinc deficiency to decreases in the body’s natural secretions of progesterone and endorphins (hormones responsible for diminishing the perception of pain). This vital mineral is also involved in the contractibility of muscles, including uterine muscles.
Each daily serving of Royal Maca Peri-Menopause (2 capsules) contains 110 mg of chelated magnesium
in the form of magnesium glycinate (69% of the RDI) and 4 mg of easily assimilated zinc glycinate (53% of the RDI). These cofactors which promote hormonal balance together with the premium quality
Maca Root concentrate provide unparallel support for women’s peri-menopausal health.
This product is gluten-free.
Each Capsule Contains:
- 400 mg Royal Maca root concentrate
- .995 mcg Selenium (from Maca root)
- 110 mg Magnesium Glycinate Chelate
- 4 mg Zinc Glycinate Chelate
Sensitive and/or Petite Women: Take 1/2-1 capsule daily.
Women with PMS: 2 capsules daily.
Menstruating Women with Hot Flashes: 3 capsules daily.
Women without a Period: Take 3 capsules daily for menopausal symptoms. Increase, if necessary, by 1 to 2 capsules a day every 5 days until symptoms are 80% better.
If taking estrogen, estrogenic herbs, or precursor hormones, STOP for 4 weeks before starting to take Royal Maca to avoid an increase in hot flashes. Meanwhile to control symptoms, take 3-5 capsules of Royal Camu 3 times per day. May be taken with progesterone-only birth control pills.
Warning: Consult your physician if pregnant or nursing. Do not use with Tamoxifen®.
- Who should use Royal Maca & who should use Royal Maca Plus for Women with DIM
- How Is Royal Maca Different From Other Leading Brands Of Maca?
- Is Certified Organic Royal Maca expensive? It’s Not!
- How to Get Off Hormone Replacement Therapy and Start Using Royal Maca
- Is Royal Maca beneficial for people with thyroid issues?
- Please CLICK HERE if you would like more information about this product.
“Royal Maca has worked wonders for me, I believe. I read about it on Dr. Mercola’s website, so I thought I would give it a try for my hot flashes. I’ve been taking 3 capsules a day and after taking it for a week or so, my hot flashes completely vanished! It has been three months and they have not been back! I’ve been telling everyone about it. Thanks.” ~ Chrissy F.
Hot Flashes, Little Sleep, Fatigue
“I had 25-30 hot flashes a day, resulting in very little sleep and complete exhaustion. On the Royal Maca for Peri-menopause, they are greatly–GREATLY—reduced, a few a day, maybe. Life saver!” ~ W.M., State College, PA
“Recently a urogynecologist’s answer to the problems I am having concerning fibroids and the uterus tilting to right was to have my uterus removed. Not a chance. I feel great since taking Royal Maca. I wish more doctors were educated about the wonderful results from Royal Maca.” Pam R. [Disclaimer: This is the experience of one person and is not meant as medical advice or to substitute for consultation with a medical doctor about medical problems.]
How Maca Affects Estodial Levels
“Effects of Maca on the Level of Estrogen & FSH in Peri-Menopausal Women” by L. Aragon, T. Ramirez, A. Pino
- Results: Organic Pre-Cooked Maca Root Supplement Raises Estradiol Levels in Peri-menopausal Women
First Scientific Research on Maca Root – 1960
In 1960, Gloria Chacon did her Master’s thesis on the effects of Maca Root on the reproductive system of rats. Rats were fed large quantity of cooked Maca root powder for 72 hours and then sacrificed for study. Female rats showed multiple mature egg follicles. Male rats showed a significant increase in sperm count and sperm motility.
- Conclusion #1: Chemical actives in Maca root were working on the reproductive systems of both male and female rats through the hypothalamus and pituitary glands (precursor hormones)
- Conclusion #2: Maca root had therapeutic effects appropriate to the sex of the animal
Maca Root Improves Adrenal Function
Lepidium peruvianum Chacon restores homeostasis impaired by restraint stress.
Phytother Res. 2004 Jun;18(6):471-4. López-Fando A, Gómez-Serranillos MP, Iglesias I, Lock O, Upamayta UP, Carretero ME.
- Results: Rats treated with Maca before undergoing the stress test showed very little variation or no variation in their pre-stress test blood tests. Maca reduced stress-induced ulcers, elevated cortisol levels, and hypoglycemia.
Raw Maca versus Cooked Maca – Which is Better?
Nutritional evaluation of the effects of Maca in albino mice and their offspring. Archivos Latinoamericanos de Nutricion. Vol. 50, No. 2, 2000. Marco Canales, Jose Aguilar, Ana Prada, Adolfo Marcelo, Cecilia Huaman, Luz Carvajal.
- Results: Mice fed raw maca had the lowest average birth weight and the slowest average growth rate in their offspring. Mice fed cooked maca had a higher average birth weight and a faster average growth rate in their offspring than the raw maca mice group. In the second generation of mice, these differences in birth rates and growth rates between the groups were even greater.
- Implications: Raw Maca inhibits digestion and assimilation of nutrients. It is worse than not taking Maca at all. Cooked Maca has significant nutritional benefits.
Measuring the effect of maca on lipid (fats), anti-oxidative, and glucose levels in rats bred to have genetically higher blood sugar
The influence of maca (Lepidium meyenii) on antioxidant status, lipid and glucose metabolism in rats. Phytomedicine, 2007 Aug: 14 (7-8) 460-4. Epub 2007 Feb 7. Vecera R, Orolin J, Skottova N, Kazdova L, Olivarnik O, Ulrichova J, Simanek V.
- Results: Maca significantly decreased the levels of VLDL (very low density lipoproteins), LDL (low density lipoproteins), and total cholesterol, as well as glucose levels in the blood.
60 Veg capsules, 120 Veg capsules, 180 Veg capsules