What is Cat’s Claw?
Botanical Name: Uncaria tomentosa
Cat’s Claw, in Spanish called “Uña de Gato,” is the bark of a woody vine which grows in the Peruvian Amazon rainforest. Cat’s Claw has been used medicinally by the Aguaruna, Asháninka, Cashibo, Conibo, and Shipibo tribes of Peru for at least 2,000 years.
Traditionally, Cat’s Claw is used
- To detoxify the intestines*
- To promote bowel regularity*
- To recover from illnesses/injuries associated with inflammation*
- To prevent/recover from upper respiratory illnesses caused by cold and damp*
Through Scientific Research, Cat’s Claw has been shown
- To strengthen the immune system*
- To act as an anti-inflammatory that reduces inflammation in auto-immune conditions, including lupus, asthma, arthritis, Crohn’s Disease, etc.*
- To reduce CRP (C-reactive protein) in the blood – helps prevent plaque buildup in arteries*
- To increase cell death of abnormal cells*
- To repair DNA of mutated cells*
- To lower blood pressure*
- To support brain health/cognitive function*
- By some researchers suggest that more research is needed on Uncaria tomentosa as a preventative for Alzheimer’s because of links to inflammation. Initial research looks promising.
Why Choose Royal Cat’s ClawTM?
The liquid extract of Royal Cat’s ClawTM is very strong (1:1 potency) Most companies have a 1:2 (only half the strength) or even 1:4 potency.
Royal Cat’s ClawTM is formulated from a species of Cat’s Claw known as Uncaria tomentosa, which grows in the Peruvian Amazon rainforest. Another species called Uncaria guianensis, also known as Uña de Gato, is a cheaper, more abundant species to collect and does not contain the immune system strengthening compounds of Uncaria tomentosa. Ultimately, the only ways to be sure you are getting the best Cat’s Claw is to know the manufacturer’s reputation and identify the botanical name.
The plant material is collected in Peru and manufactured in the United States. Heavy metal content is undetectable in the Royal GraviolaTM liquid extract. Each batch undergoes Fingerprint analysis (IRTLC) and Gas Chromatography (potency testing). How the raw materials are processed is also key to product potency. At WWB, we have complete control over collection, processing, and manufacturing, and bottling. We are committed to the highest standards.
Instead of purchasing raw materials from middle-men, WWB does hands-on sourcing in Peru. Ingredient companies are always looking for the cheapest sources, which means their raw materials change every time they buy and the purchaser has no knowledge of where or who the raw materials come from. Not so with WWB – we actually know the names of our growers and collectors. We know intimately the locations where our botanicals grow and, in some cases, own the land. We do what we can to support the indigenous people and attend to their financial, educational, and health needs.
Royal Cat’s ClawTM Products
Other Products to Consider
The following companion products can be taken with Royal Cat’s Claw:
Like Royal Cat’s ClawTM, Royal Camu® is very beneficial to the immune and circulatory systems. Beneficial for colds/flu and for strengthening the immune system.*
Works well in conjunction with Royal Cat’s ClawTM for promoting the health of the DNA in cells. Does not harm healthy cells.*